So this year was a pretty big flop for Halloween in our house. Joe was out of town and I wasn't feeling great. I am not much of a fan of the holiday anyhow, so I am not completely dissappointed, but I would have liked it to be a little more than it was. I couldn't even find a last minute costume for Josiah. I had nothing in the house that could be transformed into a makeshift outfit. At least not with my imagination. So I picked out the most fall/festive outfit I could find and toted him off to the family fun night at a local school. I had volunteered to help, which also flopped. It wasn't organized enough for me to have a specific duty. So, for any of you who have recently taken care of a toddler, is obviously not going to work. I tried to keep an eye on Josiah, who independantly wanted to roam the gym, while I helped with a couple quick things. Basically, I dropped off some candy, sweated because of pain/stress/heat while I watched Josiah, and then came home 30 minutes after I left. It was kind of funny. No trick-or-treaters. For my credit, I did have a small bowl of about 15 mini milkyways by my door. Just in case. So it was a very average night and ended with Josiah in bed early. I am posting the pictures just because I have nothing else to show for it. Sorry to all family and friends who were hoping to see him in a cute little costume. I would have too. Maybe next year.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Halloween
So this year was a pretty big flop for Halloween in our house. Joe was out of town and I wasn't feeling great. I am not much of a fan of the holiday anyhow, so I am not completely dissappointed, but I would have liked it to be a little more than it was. I couldn't even find a last minute costume for Josiah. I had nothing in the house that could be transformed into a makeshift outfit. At least not with my imagination. So I picked out the most fall/festive outfit I could find and toted him off to the family fun night at a local school. I had volunteered to help, which also flopped. It wasn't organized enough for me to have a specific duty. So, for any of you who have recently taken care of a toddler, is obviously not going to work. I tried to keep an eye on Josiah, who independantly wanted to roam the gym, while I helped with a couple quick things. Basically, I dropped off some candy, sweated because of pain/stress/heat while I watched Josiah, and then came home 30 minutes after I left. It was kind of funny. No trick-or-treaters. For my credit, I did have a small bowl of about 15 mini milkyways by my door. Just in case. So it was a very average night and ended with Josiah in bed early. I am posting the pictures just because I have nothing else to show for it. Sorry to all family and friends who were hoping to see him in a cute little costume. I would have too. Maybe next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha, funny Halloween stories. I don't get into it much either. This was the first year I really did costumes, and only because someone handed them over to me. the boys did NOT like wearing them, so I didn't even get any good pics. one-year-olds are crazy. they can't stay still for a second and don't go 10 minutes without making a huge mess or getting into trouble. :)
Post a Comment